Today CAG and Field House artist-in-residence Maddie Leach ventured to Pitt Meadows Quarry to conduct research on local granite extraction for her forthcoming project. Located along the Pitt River, the quarry is currently the largest and only active granite producer in the region. Upstream from New Westminster, the Pitt and Fraser Rivers converge to make for a convenient artery when transporting large cuts of granite. We learnt that LafargeHolcim—who currently oversees operations of the quarry—use this channel for transporting aggregate to be used, primarily, in roadway production. Although the quarry has been in production since 1900, it is unclear whether it produced the missing plinth.